Milt Charboneau, a charter member of LCGS, passed away on February 21, 2015. Funeral mass will be held at 11 am on Friday, February 27, 2015 at St. Mary Catholic Church in Pinckney. His obituary and full details can be viewed here: http://www.sheltersfuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2973871&fh_id=14075
The Livingston County Genealogical Society was established in 1982 in order to:
- Encourage and assist in the study of family history
- Promote the exchange of knowledge and to encourage the deposit of genealogical records
- Preserve and make available for genealogical research, the records of our ancestors
- Cooperate with other societies
- Publish materials of interest and use to the genealogist
LCGS is a member organization of the Michigan Genealogical Council and has 501c3 non-profit status.