The Livingston County Genealogical Society was established in 1982 in order to:
- Encourage and assist in the study of family history
- Promote the exchange of knowledge and to encourage the deposit of genealogical records
- Preserve and make available for genealogical research, the records of our ancestors
- Cooperate with other societies
- Publish materials of interest and use to the genealogist
LCGS is a member organization of the Michigan Genealogical Council and has 501c3 non-profit status.
The following pages have been added or updated:
- The society has added a listing of early marriages from Livingston County. This page will be updated as more information is added to the database.
- The speakers page has been updated listing speakers into 2020.
- The membership page has been updated with the new membership fee structure.
- The officer’s page has been updated to reflect our current structure.
Part of our rotating display at the Howell Carnegie Library.