Thanks to a couple of generous donations, our membership meetings will be held via Zoom. Members will receive an invitation to the meeting a few days before. Cynthia Grostick will be speaking on FamilySearch.org. If you are not a member but would like to attend, please send us an email at email@example.com and we will send you the invitation. Remember with Zoom you do not have to live in our area to attend. To download Zoom to your computer, tablet, or phone, please visit their website at https://zoom.us/ We look forward to our virtual meeting in June.
Mailing Address Change:
Please note that our mailing address has changed. Our new address is:
77 Edgemont Drive
Howell, Michigan 48855-9708
The Livingston County Genealogical Society was established in 1982 in order to:
- Encourage and assist in the study of family history
- Promote the exchange of knowledge and to encourage the deposit of genealogical records
- Preserve and make available for genealogical research, the records of our ancestors
- Cooperate with other societies
- Publish materials of interest and use to the genealogist
LCGS is a member organization of the Michigan Genealogical Council and has 501c3 non-profit status.
The following pages have been added or updated:
- The society has added a listing of early marriages from Livingston County. This page will be updated as more information is added to the database.
- The officer’s page has been updated to reflect our current structure.
Part of our rotating display at the Howell Carnegie Library.